We want to give every believer the opportunity to be part of a small-scale outreach that is organised within a group of friends or family members. Every now and again, e-groups, e-serve teams, and even families and individuals at Emmanuel Church rally together to evangelise friends, co-workers, neighbours and strangers. We call this E-Week.
The vision: To see the whole Body mobilized to witness to their fellow man and so fulfilling what Jesus commanded us to do: To GO and make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20)
2020 has been an exceedingly difficult year for everyone, and in some ways, one might feel discouraged about the opportunities one missed whilst being in survival mode. This is where E-Week allows us to redeem 2020 – intentionally doing something that will have eternal value before the year is over. Very few things we can do on earth has as the same eternal impact as introducing others to Jesus Christ! To make E-Week a true success, every believer at Emmanuel Church need to become involved in proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ… that is what it means to be a missional church, or differently stated, a CHURCH ON THE GO!
The next E-Week is scheduled for 2 – 8 November. It is initiated by group leaders or individuals and will take place on a date and time within this one-week period that suits the group and nature of the outreach.
Who can be involved?
We encourage all our existing groups like our e-groups and e-serve teams to utilise this opportunity for your group or team to do an Outreach together and thus call on the leaders of these groups to become involved.
Having said that, we don’t want it to stop there! We welcome everybody, whether you find yourself in Windhoek or elsewhere, to initiate an Outreach and get a team of people together to assist you.
So, how can you become involved?
It is as easy as one, two, three…
One: Pray together and identify a grouping of people that you can reach out to
Two: Let us know what you are planning and start preparing for your event
Three: Show-up and let the Holy Spirit work through you!
Some examples of possible Outreaches:
Bake/buy some cookies as a family and deliver them to the neighbours in your street, then use the opportunity to tell them about Jesus and pray a blessing over their home.
Gather your friends or fellow E-Group members on Saturday morning and go out in groups of two or three. Witness to people you meet and ask them about their salvation.
Connect with fellow believers at work, share the vision and pray with them in preparation for E-Week. Then invite unsaved colleagues in your lunch hour and tell them about what Jesus has done for you. Invite them to give their lives to Him.
Here are a few additional things to take note of:
- Let us know what you are planning for your outreach by submitting the sign-up form by the 20th of October. We want to pray with and for you, as well as support you with follow-up and other resources you may need.
- A short one-and-a-half-hour training will take place on the 27th of October at 18:00. The training can be attended face to face or via Zoom and will be beneficial to all who are joining an outreach.
- We will be sure to follow-up on every person who commits or re-commits their lives to Christ. We will also supply them with a physical or digital resource pack to get them going in their Walk with God. (We welcome your participation in this).
- After your outreach, please record your key-takeaways as well as testimonies. We want to learn from this process, as well as give Glory to God for all He has done!
- Somebody from our team will be in contact through-out this process to help you and guide you in your next steps.
We look forward to expanding God’s Kingdom with you!