Attending Church during Lock-down Phase 4
Dear Emmanuel family and friends
Praise be to God for His grace towards us as a church and a nation in the midst of these testing times. With the easing of restrictions on gatherings during Phase 4 of lock-down to allow for gatherings up to 250 people per venue, it gives us the opportunity to welcome more fellow believers for Sunday services. Of course this does not mean a complete return to meetings as normal, thus the need for this communication to give you some direction about the way forward. Please take note of the following:
Although anyone is welcome at our meetings, we will work on a strict first come first serve policy
The church must reflect the attitude of the Lord Jesus in that the Good News should be accessible to all people without showing partiality. For this reason we are opting not to complicate or over-administrate the process, but simply to give equal opportunity for everyone to attend the meetings in person – whether members, non-members or even first time visitors. Inevitably we will have situations where there will be more people than we are permitted to allow in. Know that we will do our best to facilitate and accommodate all people in love and grace, and only ask that you also apply the same love and grace toward us.
All persons attending meetings at Emmanuel Church will have to abide by the measures set in place for the duration of lock-down.
• wearing of masks at all times (by law we may not grant entrance to persons not wearing masks)
• adherence to social distancing measures of 1m at all times
• signing an attendance register is a prerequisite for all who enter our buildings
• hand sanitizer will be administered at the doors
For the time being meetings will continue in their regular time slots.
This means 08:30 English meeting, 10:15 Afrikaans meeting and 18:00 English meeting to take place every Sunday. Unfortunately E-Kids (children’s church) may not recommence at this time and no supervision may be made available. Children must therefore remain under the care and supervision of their parents for the duration of the meetings while adhering to the aforementioned safety measures.
Our commitment during this phase of lockdown:
• Emmanuel Church has adhered to the rules and measures set by our national leaders and submitted to their authority from the beginning of lock-down, and will continue to do so in accordance with the Word of God.
• On a practical note all surfaces and chairs will be sanitized before and after every meeting.
• Info signs will be put up at the doors, while markers will be placed strategically in order to help people maintain social distancing.
• Equal emphasis will be given to both live and online attendees
• We will continue to explore options and seek spiritual wisdom for ways to better serve the needs of our community and the purposes of our Master Jesus Christ
We encourage all our people in the following:
• Stay connected via the Emmanuel Church Windhoek app, our Facebook page and website so as not to miss updates, info and encouragements.
• Submit to those appointed in authority (Rom. 13:1) and pray for them (1 Tim. 2:1-2)
• “Everyone do something” — don’t underestimate the significance of small acts of kindness to those around you. Remember that we were created and redeemed to do good works according to God’s purposes. (Eph. 2:10)
• Consider joining with one or two other families in your home for church. Stream the meetings if possible, worship together and minister to each other. Church is a Body not a building. (Heb. 10:25)
• Run with endurance (Heb. 12:1-2), for despite these temporary tails we are called to have an eternal perspective (2 Cor.4:17-18), knowing that our God works out all things for the good of those who love Him (Rom. 8:28)
May the Lord bless you and keep you!
Emmanuel Church Leadership